Stacking up the Benefits of Preventive Maintenance :
Every company desires to have the best ROI on all equipment. Yet many skimp on maintenance and face inevitable downtime, cutting profits and customer service. Consider these reasons to keep up on the preventive maintenance schedule in your facility :
1. Minimizes costly downtime - increases profitable uptime.
2. Minimizes or eliminates catastrophic machinery failures.
3. Reduces unscheduled maintenance - repairs can be made when they least affect production.
4. Reduces spare parts inventories - many parts can be purchased just before scheduled shut-downs.
5. Optimizes machinery performance so it always operates within specifications.
6. Reduces excessive electric power consumption caused by inefficient machinery performance - saves money on energy requirements.
7. Reduces need for standby equipment or additional floor space to cover excessive downtime - less capital required for equipment or plant.
8. Increases plant capacity.
9. Reduces depreciation of capital investment caused by poor machinery maintenance - well maintained machinery lasts longer / performs better.
10. Reduces unnecessary repairs - repairs are done only if performance is less than optimal.
11. Eliminates the possibility that machinery repairs were the wrong repairs.
12. Reduces dissatisfied / lost customers due to poor quality from less-than-optimal machine performance.
13. Reduces rework of goods caused by less than optimal machine operation.
14. Reduces scrap caused by poorly performing machinery.
15. Reduces overtime needed to make up for lost production due to broken down or poorly performing machinery.
16. Reduces late deliveries caused by broken down or poorly performing machinery.
17. Reduces warranty claims due to poor product quality caused by poorly performing machinery.
18. Reduces the possibility of accepting recently purchased new / used machinery with defects - the invoice is not paid until defects corrected.
19. Increases machinery safety as injuries are often caused by poorly performing machinery.
20. Reduces safety penalties levied against a company for unsafe machinery.
21. Can reduce insurance rates because well maintained machinery increases safety.
22. Reduces the time required to make machinery repairs - advance notice of conditions permits efficient organization of the repair process.
23. Increases the speed that machinery can be operated, if desirable.
24. Increases ease of operation of machinery.
Call HYTEK : 866-964-3926
Are your HVAC systems, reach-in/walk-in doors and curtains and gaskets wasting profits?Request an energy audit